Follow these tips when preparing your home for sale:
- Stage each living area to help potential buyers imagine living in that space.
- Keep all rooms clean, including children rooms.
- Remove clutter and extra furniture to help the space feel clean and larger.
- Improve landscaping
- Clean the outside
- Make Repairs
- Finish projects
- Make the front door inviting
- Buy a new Welcome Mat
- Organize closets and drawers
- Paint over bright colors to tone it down
- Eliminate bad odors
- Close toilet seats for pictures and showings
- Give each room a purpose
- Let there be light! Change out dull old light bulbs for the daylight LED. They will save you some money in the mean time along with shining some light on the subject.
Selling a house can be a very personal and emotional process. Not all sellers will be able to take advantage of these tips; however, whatever can be done will be most helpful. Please remember, your potential buyers have all seen HGTV and will somewhat expect some, if not all of these things when they start house hunting. If you have questions or need solutions on how to implement these tips please let Jake and I know so we can help you with the process.